The Double Sword Within: Understanding My BaZi, My Temperament, and My Purpose
I’m here to share my own life experience by revealing a little bit of my Bazi chart. I hope to show how certain periods and patterns reflected significant events in my life. Those who know me personally - especially my close friends and relatives - know what happened to me and my family in the past.
Looking back, I realised that I spent many years walking a path without the guidance I truly needed. I often struggled to understand why certain challenges kept repeating or why life seemed to move in directions I never intended. Learning about my BaZi didn't change the past, but it gave me a framework to better understand those experiences and the circumstances surrounding them.
I'm not sharing my story to prove that BaZi is right. I'm sharing it because understanding these patterns has helped me make sense of my own life, and perhaps my experience may offer another perspective for those who are curious about BaZi and self-understanding.
The core of my chart, the Day Master is Ren (壬) Yang Water. Star of the Aggressive Sword is the Zi (子) Rat Earthly Branch. The Zi (Rat) appears not just once, but twice:
• Month Branch: Zi (Rat)
• Year Branch: Zi (Rat)
Because the Aggressive Sword appears in the Month Branch, this chart is classified as a true Yang Ren Structure (Aggressive Sword Profile). The Month Branch dictates the most dominant energy of the entire Bazi.
• Intense Willpower: The presence of this star in both the Month and Year pillars gives me a tremendously resilient, independent, and competitive drive. I am unlikely to back down from a challenge and possess a strong, commanding presence, especially in my early life and career sectors.
• Prominent Rob Wealth Energy: As seen in the hidden stems of the chart, the Zi (Rat) contains Gui (癸) Water, which acts as the Rob Wealth (RW) star to the Ren Day Master. This signifies a life path that will heavily involve networking, competition, managing crowds, and understanding the motivations of others.
• Need for Control: For a chart with such powerful Water/Aggressive Sword energy, the presence of Earth (to dam the water) or Wood (to drain and channel the water into output/creativity) is usually necessary to turn that aggressive drive into monumental success rather than internal friction. In this chart, the Yin (Tiger) in the Day Branch provides that crucial Wood (Eating God) to help channel the intense energy of the dual swords.
I had read a book of Lillian Too (which I don't like to read her books of Chinese and Western Horoscope coz it didn't appeared true! NOT OFFEND but I think it was just not right to me) As I said, I am a person who wont believe non-sense EXCEPT I found it true after all.
According to her book in the title of 'the Star of the Aggressive Sword' column, I am belong into it and it is not enough only 1 but double sword!!
1. Why I Am the Tsunami: The Double Aggressive Sword
If you know me in real life, you know I don't back down easily. Cross my line especially when it comes to animal cruelty or standing up for the vulnerable and I will become a total Tsunami. For a long time, I wondered why my protective instincts were so explosive compared to others.
Learning BaZi finally gave me the answer: I don't just carry the Star of the Aggressive Sword (Yang Ren / 羊刃) - I have a Double Sword!
• My Day Master: Ren (壬) Yang Water
• My Aggressive Sword Star: Zi (子) Rat
• Location in Chart: Both my Year Branch and Month Branch contain the Zi Rat.
In traditional BaZi, Yang Ren represents a sharp blade with immense, volatile energy. At its worst, it can mean a quick temper or conflict. But at its best, it creates a powerful champion for the underdog or a fearless rebel leader. Realising this changed my perspective completely: my intensity isn't a flaw - it is a sword meant to protect those who cannot speak for themselves.
2. From Aggression to "Work of Sincere": The Fire in My Chart
Once I understood that my aggressive drive could be channelled into something meaningful, I threw my heart into my passions without a second thought.
People often label it as "charity," but I dislike that word. I prefer to call it a "work of sincere."
Behind my fiery outer shell lies a deeply sentimental side. In my chart, I have Bing (丙) Fire sitting right in my Month Stem. Fire represents light, warmth, and the deep drive to touch people's lives.
It’s a love similar to what drove Mother Teresa - a profound, purposeful commitment to make a real difference.
My Double Sword provides the strength to fight for what's right, but the Fire provides the heart and compassion behind it.
3. The Childhood Storm: The 乙亥 Luck Pillar & The Yin-Hai Destruction
Looking back at my childhood nightmare years, my chart explains the exact timeline of what happened. Starting at age 8, I entered the 10-year 乙亥 (Yi Hai) Luck Pillar.
• The Hurting Officer (乙 Yi Wood): This energy inherently dislikes rigid, arbitrary authority. Combined with emotional turbulence at home, it naturally manifested as resistance toward strict teachers and school rules.
• The Yin-Hai Destruction (寅亥破): My Day Branch contains the Yin (寅) Tiger, which holds my Scholastic Brilliance Star (文昌星) and represents my Home/Self environment.
• The Conflict: While the incoming 亥 (Pig) and my natal 寅 (Tiger) form a Six Combination, they simultaneously create a Destruction (破). On paper, Water feeds Wood to grow talent, but in reality, it felt like an overabundance of rainwater that "poisoned" my tree.
This hidden turbulence peaked in late 1995 (the Pig year/month) and hit full force in 1996. The family instability caused severe emotional stress for me as a Water Day Master, directly disrupting my home life and clouding the academic brilliance I had shown in earlier years.
So, everything got reasons right!! I never feel happy with this outcome but what to do, I only learn BaZi last year coz previously, BaZi was only belong to old folks who into this career and will only pass to their next generation.
4. Moving From Bitter to Sweetness
Everything in life happens for a reason. While I used to feel frustrated by those lost school years, understanding my chart has brought me peace.
I am no longer in that heavy Water/Wood luck pillar. As my family’s BaZi Master told me long before I started studying the art myself, my life path is one of "from bitter to sweetness."
The storms of my early life taught me how to handle pressure. Now, I know how to wield my Double Sword - not in blind anger, but as a purposeful tool to protect, love, and stand up for what truly matters.
http://emptyelephant.wordpress.com/2010/01/31/lillian-toos-mahashri-plaques/
ReplyDeleteLillian Too is a scammer who takes advantage of poor young translators of Tibetan language to make herself even more rich, without showing any respect, appreciation, consideration, or generosity. She is the ultimate hypocrite of this era.
http://emptyelephant.wordpress.com/2010/01/31/lillian-toos-mahashri-plaques/
Thanks for your provided link.
ReplyDeleteI went to emptyelephant.wordpress.com and read the article altogether with the comments posted.
Hello, I'm new to bazi and I'm also a ren yang dm. DOB July 4, 1979 / 7am. Can you help me in reading my own bazi? On my 10yr LP I always have clashes, and I think its bad. and it worries me. Can you tell me more about my bazi? Thank you.
ReplyDelete